For men who have hidden the embarrassing condition of female type breasts, making an appointment to see a gynecomastia specialist is a big first step. It is understandable for gynecomastia patients to be anxious and therefore, Miguel Delgado, M.D. recommends writing down all questions as it is easy to forget what you want to ask. However, Dr. Delgado wants his patients to know that he is easily accessible and encourages his patients to call (415) 898-4161 anytime they have a question.
The following questions are some you may want to consider:
1. Is your gynecomastia specialist board certified?
2. Is the anesthesiologist board certified?
3. What type of anesthesia is used?
4. If surgery is to be done at a surgery center, is it accredited?
5. How many years has your specialist been performing male breast reduction, and how many each year?
6. What caused my gynecomastia?
7. How long will my male breast reduction last, and will it come back?
8. How would my surgery be done?
9. Will liposuction alone work for me?
10. Where will the incisions be? Will the scars show?
11. What prescriptions will I need? What are they for?
12. How long after surgery before I can go home?
13. Will I have drains?
14. How long will I need to wear a compression vest?
15. How much time do I need to take off work?
16. When can I start lifting weights?
17. What risks does the surgery have?
18. How are complications handled?
19. Can I see before and after pictures of gynecomastia patients?
20. What is the cost?
Getting the answers to all of your questions will ease your anxiety about the gynecomastia procedure and ensure a positive experience. Dr. Delgado states that the only complaint he has received from his male breast reduction patients is that they wish they had their surgery a long time ago! Start today by calling (415) 898-4161 for your initial consultation!