Hide Man Boobs (Moobs) Fast And Feel More Confident
Man boobs are often joked about, but living with man boobs can be distressing. Surgery for man boobs is the fastest way to get rid of enlarged male breasts. However, if you are unable to have surgery for man boobs, there are ways to hide your gynecomastia..
Man boobs can range in size significantly. Some men with gynecomastia symptoms will only have a small degree of enlargement, while others can have enlarged male breasts similar to female breasts. Surgeons separate gynecomastia into four grades based on the amount of fatty tissue and breast gland enlargement present.
Types of Man Boobs and Grades of Gynecomastia
Grades of gynecomastia as per the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) classification system are:
- Grade 1 – Small amount of breast glandular tissue with or without puffy nipples.
- Grade 2 – Mild to moderate enlargement of breast glandular tissue, often with fatty tissue, which causes male breast enlargement with a feminine appearance.
- Grade 3 – Moderate to significant enlargement of breast glandular tissue with fatty tissue, resulting in fuller male breasts.
- Grade 4 – Significant breast enlargement, with breast glandular tissue, fatty tissue, and excess skin, causing larger male breasts with a deep breast crease.
The Best Men’s Shapewear to Hide Man Boobs
The quickest way to hide man boobs, or gynecomastia, is with male compression vests, also sold as men’s shapewear. Male vests for man boobs compress the glandular and fatty tissue to make the chest look flatter. You can also buy men’s shapewear to compress your stomach area for an overall improved upper-body appearance.
The style of compression vest you choose will depend on the size of your enlarged male breasts and the amount of compression required. Some men might find a compression vest that looks like a “normal” men’s vest is sufficient. However, if you have moderate to large man boobs, you may need to consider a compression garment that is more like actual underwear.
Three Popular Brands of Men’s Shapewear
Men’s shapewear has become increasingly popular, and the good news is many brands now produce good quality men’s compression garments. Below are five top brands that offer various styles of compression shapewear to wear underneath your clothes.
Spanx range for men has a range of stylish vests and t-shirt style tops that no one would know are compression garments.
Spanx shapewear, compression vests, and tops for men include:
- Compression crew neck style t-shirt
- Compression vest
- Compression tank top.
Now that you know which body shapers are the best shapewear for men, you can cut a svelte physique underneath your clothes.
Underworks offer a choice of tops and vests marketed as medical-grade compression garments — available as vests and high-power chest binders designed specifically to hide larger man boobs.
Underworks compression vests and chest binders include:
- Compression tank tops
- Chest binder compression tank tops
- Chest binder in a short, discreet low-neck vest.
Leo men’s shapewear is made from a patented PowerSlim® fabric and SkinFuse® seamless compression fabric. Leo also offers a range of vests with different degrees of compression to provide extra strength depending on the amount of flattening required.
Leo compression vests include:
- Body shaper vests with back support and maximum compression
- Tank tops with moderate compression
- Crew neck seamless tank tops with light compression.
How to Hide Man Boobs without Wearing a Man Boobs Vest
Men’s shapewear is not the only way to hide enlarged male breasts. If you have grade 1 or 2 gynecomastia, you may prefer to use tape to strap down your man boobs. Companies now make tape marketed for hiding man boobs. Another readily available option is surgical tape. You may also decide to use tape to provide extra pressure under a compression vest if you have larger man boobs for additional chest flattening.
Best Clothes to Hide Man Boobs
Some men find compression vests or garments and tape uncomfortable. The alternative is careful clothing choices. Here are three things to look for if you want your clothes to hide man boobs:
- Color is one of the best ways to hide man boobs. Darker colors like dark gray, dark blue, and dark red can work, as well as black, of course.
- Fabric is essential. Clingy and thin fabrics will make man boobs more obvious. Choose structured fabrics such as linen and heavier fabrics.
- Style and fit can make a real difference. The best way to hide man boobs is to wear a t-shirt under a loose-fitting shirt.
If you are fed up with trying to conceal enlarged male breasts, surgery for man boobs is the quickest, most reliable way to banish man boobs for good.
For personalized information about gynecomastia plastic surgery procedures, please complete Dr. Delgado’s inquiry form.
About Dr. Delgado
Miguel Delgado, M.D., F.A.C.S is a world-renowned Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon granted by the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Society. Dr. Delgado has a surgical practice solely dedicated to cosmetic plastic surgery. He specializes in gynecomastia surgery and is the medical director of Gynecomastia.org, the oldest and largest gynecomastia forum dedicated to supporting, educating, and providing solutions for men with breast enlargement. Dr. Delgado celebrates 30 years of practice in San Francisco, California. He was voted the “Best Plastic Surgeon of 2017-2021.”