Gynecomastia Revision Surgery – Should I Change Doctors?
Gynecomastia revision surgery is a major question and needs thoughtful consideration. The answer should depend on what type of revision is required and why. If you have trust and confidence in your surgeon, then allowing them to make corrections is the best option. Highly trained Board Certified Plastic Surgeons specializing in gynecomastia surgery will explain risks and complications before surgery.
3 Reason to stay with the same surgeon
These are a few good reasons to stay with your gynecomastia surgeon.
- Your surgeon understands the dynamics of your tissue. He or she has operated on you and has a better understanding of the issues.
- The cost of gynecomastia revision surgery will be significantly less. Often the surgeon will not charge you a few if done with in the first year.
- Your surgeon wants to make you happy. They understand how critical this is in your life and wants to make it right.
4 Reasons to look for another Gynecomastia Surgeon?
- You have lost trust and confidence in your surgeon.
- Your doctor is “blowing you off” or saying, “you look great”!
- Your surgeon does not see the issue that you are discussing.
- Your physician is unwilling to correct.
Do you have realistic Expectations?
All patients undergoing surgery must have a realistic expectation of the outcome. The surgeon should also explain the pros and cons of your specific case.
The patient must be patient for the surgical outcome to develop. There are natural swelling and distortion in the early stages of healing and sometimes can be alarming.
It would be best to compare your outcome with you before the photo and not a male model.
Common reasons for gynecomastia revision surgery.
The most common need for gynecomastia revision surgery is the surgeon doing liposuction alone, without removing breast tissue by surgical excision. Almost all gynecomastia cases need both liposuction and surgical gland excision; the only exception would be for men with pseudo-gynecomastia (fat only and no breast tissue). The second main reason for revision would be; under or over resection of the breast tissue. This would require re-excision for under resection or fat injections or fat flaps for over resection. How complications are managed has a direct relationship to the outcome.
Miguel Delgado, M.D. Gynecomastia Specialist
Miguel Delgado, M.D. has years of experience with revision gynecomastia surgeries, in fact up to 40% of his gynecomastia practice is revision surgeries that come to him from other practices.
If what is needed is a minor adjustment after the initial surgery, such as minimal skin tightening, this should not be considered unusual. If men are not prepared for the possibility of secondary surgery, it can be very disconcerting and may cause them to question the capabilities of their surgeon.
If you are in need of gynecomastia revision surgery, email ([email protected]) or phone (415 898-4161) to meet with Miguel Delgado, M.D. to learn what options are available to you.