I Have Lost Confidence in My Plastic Surgeon, What Should I do?

If you are disappointed with the results of your original male breast reduction surgery and have lost confidence with your surgeon, first discuss it with your surgeon and see what suggestions he or she may have. Then get a second  opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery. If he or she agrees with your original surgeon you are probably on the right track and the revision may cost you little or nothing. However if, the original surgery left you with a major defect such as a crater deformity or the surgeon only did liposuction and the other surgeon confirmed that you should have had excision of breast tissue as well, you may need to choose the new surgeon with more experience for a revision. In picking a new surgeon be sure the office staff makes you feel comfortable, you will be relying on them for information and support. If they are not friendly or you sense tension in the office, go elsewhere!

Needing revision surgery can be more expensive than the original surgery, as now the surgeon has to deal with scar tissue, and the retraction of the skin may have been compromised.

San Francisco Bay Area patients have found a good source for support and opinions at http://www.gynecomastia.org/. It is free to sign up, and you can get opinions from other members and ask questions of gynecomastia surgeons who are members of the site.


Dr. Delgado, MD is a world-recognized plastic surgeon and specialist in the treatment of male breast enlargement, also called gynecomastia. He has developed new techniques and owns and operates gynecomastia.org, which has become the largest gynecomastia forum in the world. Dr. Delgado holds the two most coveted credentials; the certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgery.

Contact Us

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.